Thursday, July 23, 2009

Watch out Low Flying Ducks!

Some days, we end up being some kind of wharped dumping ground for people who have had a bad day or simply woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I have to say, that until I worked here, I never knew how many odd ducks are wondering the streets of San Francisco.

I have to believe this is not exclusive to our town, I’m sure even in well, Omaha, yea, yea Omaha, they even have their fare share of odd ducks….

So, with that, here’s an odd duck story. By the way, I swear, I don’t make this stuff up:

A patron ordered a Crab Sandwich. The Sandwich arrived and she said that’s not what I ordered….. The server said you said you wanted a Crab Sandwich….

I do, but I want a Crab Sandwich with cheese.

Oh… So you want a Crabmelt (She shows her the menu).

Yes she says.

The Crabmelt arrives. I want it open face…..

The Server says, Ok…. you want it open face.

Yes, I want it open face.

So our Manager overheard the conversation:
Would you like me to remove the top for you?

She said no…. I don’t want it anymore.

Our Manager said, Alrightly then.

So she just gave her the bill.

Seriously, how can a sandwich get soooooo complicated!